Welcome to our website.....
Sacred Heart Parish School in Cunnamulla was established in 1915 and was originally staffed by the Sisters of Mercy, an Irish order founded by Catherine McAuley in 1827.
At the Sacred Heart school we cater for children from Prep to Year 6. The current level of student enrolments allows for close interaction between parents, students and staff. Our shared vision for each student is embedded in our motto “Become Who You Are” where we encourage children to embrace their physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual nature.
We’re a school that prides itself on establishing right relationships with all community members. Our school works as a team in which each of us offers our unique gifts and talents to build the best possible educational environment for the children. We share this responsibility with parents, community members, parishioners and our parish leaders. At our school, we endeavour to live the Gospel values.
Week 10 has arrived and what an action-packed term of learning it has been. Over the term, I have been in and out of every classroom and observed students engaged in their learning, supporting others and persisting with challenging tasks. A number of visitors to the school have also commented on excellent student behaviour and level of student engagement in every classroom. The teachers and students should be very proud of what they have achieved together this term.
The major areas of focus for this term have included:
- Developing positive relationships between students, teachers and parents
- Training and implementation of the Reading Improvement Strategy
- Beginning to implement the Diocesan Phonics and Spelling Approach across the whole school
- Providing sporting opportunities
- Developing students ICT capabilities
- Implementation of the whole school Zones of Regulation Program to assist students with recognising their emotions and providing strategies to get back into the ‘green zone’
- Exploring the Lenten message and Easter story of Jesus
- Application submission to Capital Grants for library and toilet block upgrade
- Supporting Anti-Bullying strategies through participation in National Day of Action against bullying
- Fundraising for Year 6 Canberra Trip
- And much much more!
Our core business is continuing to ensure every student experiences success and they come to know Jesus.
Students all wrote Lenten promises and we have them on display in the church.
Homework Club is up and running and all students are welcome to attend. It is a great opportunity for students to receive homework support so make sure you take advantage of this great service. Miss Ferguson will be running Homework Club this year and times/days are as follows:
- Tuesday’s – 3:00-3:45pm
- Thursday’s – 3:00-3:45pm